Monday, October 19, 2009

Owl City is The Poor Man's Postal Service

I came across this group Owl City because Ammo listens to them all the time and I saw they were coming to the Venue and sold out their show. Now I know I will get flak for this but to me Owl city sounds like they are just trying to be Postal Service. I am not saying that they are bad I actually dig a lot of their songs. At first I thought maybe it was the same singer but I looked it up and its not.

Also something about it seems contrived and forced. I don't know what it is but I feel it. Maybe it is because I write songs my self but a lot of the lyrics make no sense and just try to be overly deep. "I will disguise myself as a sleeping pill and descend inside of you" somewhere in the world an Emo kid was just validated. Well you guys be the judge.


3 comments: