Wednesday, September 9, 2009

New CD's

So Yesterday I bought three new CD's and a new video game. I purchased Mayor hawthorne's "A Strange Arrangement", Blueprint 3 & Definitive Jux Presents IV.

A Strange Arrangement
I can say with with no doubt in my mind that Mayor Hawthorne's Album is one of the best albums I have ever purchased. I listened to the complete album almost 3 times yesterday. The album is very much like the singles he has put out so far. Very lade back and smooth. It's the perfect album to listen to with your lady friend on a stary night. Go get this album!


Blueprint 3
Honestly I didn't have high expectations for this album but I was pleasantly surprised. It's weird that some of the songs I like a lot and others I can't stand. I think the production stands out as being top notch more than Lay-Z does. Also as I posted on Facebook he has like 7 different writers listed for each song. I mean I understand that most major artists use ghost writers but usually its not this apparent. I can't even imagine how you write a song with that many people. Perhaps thats why some of the songs just fall flat. If you really like hip hop (the good and the bad) then check this out. If not but your curious about this Jay-Z fellow than just pick up the black album.


Definitive Jux Presents IV
I actually haven't got around to listening to this fully. I listened to the first two songs Ha. I can tell you this, I didn't like the first song so much but i did like the second song. The second one is called "When your going down" by a guy named Camu Tao. Camu Tao died last year and I am worried I might start liking his stuff cause I never listened to him while he was alive. Oh well I will get back to you guys on this album

1 comment:

  1. i have to check this hawthorne guy out. i seen cody listen to him too.

    ReplyDelete