Friday, September 11, 2009

Elk Club

So its 7:00am and I should probably sleep but I'm kinda wired from the whole drive back from McCall so I figured I would type this up so people know what happened. First off the show in McCall was a lot of fun and way more people came out than I ever imagened. I really appreciate all the love and everyone seemed to be having a good time. I have to say 11 and Kampfire killed it.

So after the show around 12am we made the decision to try and drive home that night because P-nut had school at 9:30. Everything was actually going really smooth because there were no cars on the road. We made it to about 26 miles south of Cascade when an elk darted across the road from the left. Now when I say elk I use that term loosley because I don't know a word for something that is the size of my car and has a bicycle rack attatched to its head. Peanut was asleep in the passenger side and tom was in the back wide awake.

I swurved into the oncoming lane because by this time the elk had almost cleared our path at which point he decided to double back and hit the front right side of my car. We then heard a loud thud and the windshield shattered sending hundreds of glass shards dancing across my car. The roof of my car crumpled in about 3-6 inches and the side of my car got all sorts of messed up including the side mirror which was just a cord dangling from my door. Luckly the car didn't lose control at all and I was able to calmly pull over to the side of the road. Everyone was alright and peanut was more than slightly confused.

We now found ourselves in the middle of nowhere next to a river with my dead phone, Toms phone which couldn't get service and Peanuts phone which worked but was low on battery (score one for verizon). 2 hours and $123 later we were able to get my car towed to cascade where my wonderful parents picked us up and drove us back to boise. It was pretty crazy and I am really tired but it could of been a lot worse. I am just glad no one got hurt and we didn't have to freeze to death out there. Once again thank you to everyone that came out to see us and to everyone that helped us get home. I am going to sleep now.

No comments:

Post a Comment